Today you are going to suffer ! Yeah, Some truth about that day …
Intensity was the theme of today´s training, participants Remy, Gina, Micke.
Michel is nowhere to be found, may be having a romantic Valentine´s day instead? we others are training ! 🙂
– Drills on focus mitts and heavy bag , punches with full power and speed
– Start from lying down on the floor ( face down ) get up directly to on guard position and direct hook on mitt, about twenty of those…
– 4 punches on mitts and lift the mitts holder …. Remy is so nice, I feel he jumps a bit to help me lift, or ? 🙂 then it is Remy´s turn to lift Micke, I feel this one is a bit more difficult ( let´s say this again : Micke is 103 kgs ! )
– Punches: Jab Cross Hook, Around 50 of each, full power on the heavy bag… our hands are hurting and start to bleed but none of us is complaining!
– Rounds of 30 seconds on the heavy bag. All techniques and full power and speed, alternate with Remy and going around 5 times each, no break … High level of energy for both of us ..
– Kicks on pad and heavy bag at the same time ( Remy is on the bag), both sides 10 of each : Hook kick, Whip kick, Side kick.. tirrrrrreeeeeddddd…………….
– 10 full power punches on pad and bag, alternate with pushups, up again and punches, down and pushups, up and punches, down.. up .. down … and OH my God I am dead ..
Ok we are done for today, let´s stretch : start with the bridge , Ok …this is how this one went :
Gina: can´t do it at all, Micke helps lifting but I cannot hold the position myself , that is very bad !
Remy: no problem … but a muscle pain had him down for a few minutes …
Result : hmmm !!!
– Static training, Hook Kick position: the leg is too low, work on the leg muscles , how? Kicks !
– DO THE SPLIT NOW ! Remy and I look at each other , hm… how will we be able to do this before the summer ? And out with the spiders please ! Nice to be stuck in this position ( half split ) and see a running spider under my legs!
Anyway .. good training today really intense and feels good afterwards, a lot of things to work on as usual but good energy!
Thank you guys and see you next time..